- Diagnosis and treatment of clinical problems that occur during the procedure
- Support of vital functions
- Administration of sedatives, analgesics, hypnotics, anesthetic agents, or other medications as necessary for patient safety
- Psychological support and physical comfort
- Provision of other medical services as needed to complete the procedure safely
Aster MIMS Kottakkal is an NABH accredited.
Critical care Medicine
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Orthopaedics and Spine Surgery
Paediatrics and Neonatology
Radiology and Imaging sciences
The Department of Anesthesiology at Aster MIMS Kottakkal uses the most advanced, safe and patient-focused techniques to deliver anesthetic care. Our team of extraordinarily skilled and well-experienced anesthesiologists aims to provide optimum quality patient care in the operation theatres and beyond it by optimizing pre-operative patient status and providing comprehensive patient care during the early postoperative period.
Dr. Santhikumar PC
Senior Consultant Anaesthesiologist
Monitored Anesthesia Care (MAC)
- Anaesthesia for adult heart surgeries like "Off Pump" CABG, valve repairs, valve replacements.
- Intra Aortic Balloon Pump ( support for heart ) treatment in high risk heart surgeries.
- Anaesthesia for new born babies & children undergoing complex congenital surgeries.
- Trans esophageal echocardiography after complex congenital surgeries in children.
- Ultrafiltration techniques for complex congenital surgeries in children.
- Anaesthesia for major thoracic (lung) surgeries including lobectomy, pneumonectomy, with lung protective strategies.
- Anaesthesia for major vascular surgeries like repair of aortic aneurysm, Bentall procedure, carotid endarterecromy.